Ticker

Tuesday 21 September 2010

In Stitches!!!!

Well yesterday I had my stitches taken out.  Something I had been dreading all week.  I would not let my other half come in with me after the state of him when he saw me come out of surgery.  I know now that he can't cope seeing me in pain.  But what was I worried about??? It was actually a relief!  The tightness and the pullling of the stitches had been causing pain and now it was gone!  Excellent!  So I collected my other half and went to find our car, just as we leave the hospital car park, he misjuded the corner and went up and over a curb! OUCH!!! that hurt!  was not till I got home that I found 2 of my wounds were now open again!!!  Imagine what he could have done if he had actually come in with me! 

Anyway still weighing myself everyday and up until yesterday I had lost 25llbs, how exciting!  today has been the first day I have not lost any llbs.  I think that maybe because after coming back from hospital I did not feel well.  I was more tired than I have been so far, I took a 3 hour nap, missed my afternoon snack then brought my dinner straight back up again.  I tryed to have a bananna smoothie after that but could not even swallow.  I gave up and went to bed and slept right through till this morning.  Today I feel good and have kept my food down.  I have managed to keep down a lot of fluid also.  I am scared my body will go into starvation mode if I don't keep up with eating.  It is so hard when you are just not hungry. 

Today I met some friends for a coffee and obviously every one was sitting round waiting for me to finish my drink!  In the end one of my friends stood up and said 'I have to go' without thinking I picked up my cup which had about an inch and a half of coffee left and knocked it back! OUCH again! I regretted that immediatley.  I think my friends thought I was having a heart attack!  When will my head catch up with my tummy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment