Ticker

Friday 10 September 2010

The Operation




I arrived at the Spire in Southampton at 6:30am yesterday morning.  I was shown to my room and told I was first on the list and would be taken down at 8:30am.  I don't think I have ever been as frightened in my life as I was then.  I remember the anaesthetist saying that I may feel a little drunk and that was it I woke up in recovery.  I don't remember a lot about yesterday but I do remember it being quite painful.  I was in and out of sleep all day.  This morning they removed the tube from my nose, which was the worst bit about today!!  They have taken me off morphine and put me on calpol.  I have gone from being in agony, feeling like I been beaten up whilst drunk, to feeling like I have wind!  I can't believe how quickly I am recovering.  I am generally a bit of wimp so this really is quite surprising.  Tonight I have had my first cup of tea.  I was given it a 9pm, its now 10:40pm and I am about half way through!  I am determined to finish it before I go to bed.  They say tomorrow I will have some pureed food.  Not sure what it will be and I don't feel hungry, even though I have not eaten for two and a half days, so not sure how that is going to go down.  Although I was so scared, I already know I have done the right thing.  I can't wait to start seeing some results.

No comments:

Post a Comment