Ticker

Monday 13 September 2010

Day 4 Post Op...

Well what a rollercoaster of a few days this has been.  I was released from hospital on Saturday night after they gave me some pureed cottage pie and made sure I ate it ok.  I got on the scales on Sunday morning to find that I was 5llbs up from pre op weight! I posted on the support group site and was assured it was due to the water and gas that had built up.  I spent Sunday going through my freezer and cupboards working out what foods to keep and what to do with them.  I decided to make up a few different dishes freeze portions for my partner and puree and freeze portions for me.  They did not taste very nice but its only for a few weeks then I can slowly move towards solids.  It is really difficult to eat, I still have to think each time about taking a small amount of food. It is very uncomfortable if you eat too much at once.  It feels like my whole day is around food though.  I wake up, I have my antacid tablet.  I then take an hour to eat my half a weetabix, then a little while later I have to try and get some water in before I have to stop for my 11am snack.   I have 2 oz yoghurt for my snack, then again have to get some water in before having to stop for lunch.  And so it continues throughout the day!  I suppose this is all going to get easier.  Good news today is that I have started to deflate!  I have now lost the 5llbs I put on in hospital and lost a further 1/2 llb, grand total now 13.5llb loss.  I am hoping this week will see a big difference! It has too...  I have already started putting my clothes on ebay!

No comments:

Post a Comment