Ticker

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Experimenting with pureed food...

Good News
16.5llbs down!

This morning I weighed myself and was happy to find the I am now 16.5llbs down.  I have also today discovered the first pureed dish that I have enjoyed the taste of!  my stomach felt a little unsure about it though.  I chopped 1 carrot, 1 sweet potato and 1 small chicken breast, sauteed them in a little butter then added 500mls of vegetable stock, brought to the boil and simmered until reduced.  I then pureed it and made up 3 meals out of it.  I had one for lunch and will freeze the other two.  It tasted really good but I did have to water it down a little as it hurt going down.  I have noticed that my taste buds seem to be working better than before!  yesterday I watered down and pureed some refried beans, and I have to say in all the times I have had refried beans I have never noticed that they were spicy, yet yesterday I noticed it so much I had to add some yoghurt to cool my mouth down.  

I have been trying to keep busy and active but finding today a little harder than yesterday.  I'm very tired today.I had a few friends visit me yesterday and I was so perky I expect they are wondering  what on earth I am doing off work!!!  I think I thought that for a while too, but I have very different energy levels today. Suppose it will take a while for my body to adjust.

2 comments:

  1. You have to try b complex shots for your tiredness. I promise you will realize its the best thing you have ever done. Go to your doctor and ask for a perscription for the shots, if you can give them to yourself its easy, if not ask someone to do it for you, I give myself a shot once a week and I am so happy about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will take a little bit to adjust. But you will bounce back soon

    ReplyDelete