Ticker

Friday 3 September 2010

Doughnuts


I started my Pre-op diet a few days early so I have now been on it a week and 4 days.

To my surprise i have lost 10.5 llbs already!

I have to have a small portion of no sugar museli or weetabix with skimmed milk for breakfast, 2oz (50g) of lean meat or fish with salad for lunch, 20z of lean meat, fish or 3oz Quorn for dinner with vegetables, and either 2 small potatoes, 2 tbsp rice or 2 tbsp of pasta. I am not allowed root veg. I am allowed 2 pieces of fruit a day and 1 small fat free yoghurt.

The first 4 days or so were so hard, I really struggled, in fact I cheated one day and had an extra piece of fruit! but very quickly my body has got used to this and is not craving anything. I don't feel hungry and don't really feel like i'm missing out. I am not getting in my yoghurt or my fruit everyday either. I feel great! I am awake and alert during the day and I am sleeping all night, neither of which have happened for a long time. I don't whether it is all the diet or because I have so much on at work. I happen to be having my busiest week since I started the job last may! typical! I would have a fabulous month if I was there for the whole month! never mind, My health in the long term is more important, nothing is going to stop me having this operation on Thursday. I know I am still scared but I do not have the time to worry about it!

I am finding the time to check out other blogs I am following and check the updates on the FB support group wall. I think I may be addicted to that now! I am finding it such a comfort. Even if I am reading about peoples troubles! The comfort there is the comments all the other members leave, everyone is so supportive.

I am feeling proud of myself today because one of my business development managers brought me in a box of 12 doughnuts, all iced and pretty, looked good enough to eat! Anyway as I passed them round the staff, two members of staff said 'go on have one, one won't hurt' I was not even tempted! I said no, I meant no, and I stuck to no. I just wish I could have done all this long term in the past. Then maybe I would not be in this position in the first place!

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Jackie! Doesn't it feel great to turn down those tempting foods! And now you are over the worst part, those first five days where so hard for me but I was so proud when it was all over. And after those first five days it was so much easier. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete