Ticker

Sunday 29 August 2010

One week in...

Its been one week since I started my diet. I have lost 9llbs since monday! If this was a normal diet I would already know it would not be long before I put that back on and then some. But this is not normal! I will never 'eat normal' again. Those 9llbs have gone for good and there are so many more llbs to follow! I have got to be happy about that, so I have to ask myself why I feel so depressed? I know I am having carb withdrawl symthoms, I have had the same feelings on the Atkins diet. I have started patches as I was not doing so well with the giving up smoking along with everything else so I am not having nicotine withdrawl! I just can't stop thinking about the op itself. The closer it is getting the more scared I am. I just need the next week and a half to hurry up! I just can't wait for my new life to start.

I have been out for a walk today, it was lovely, but I am very tired. Either the lack of carbs or its all in my head! I am going to join a ramblers group as soon as I am fit enough. I will have to work my way up to it though as the short walks seem to be around 6 miles, that seems so far right now! I have ordered a few books on ebay for short walks and plan to do at least 2 a week along with aqua fit twice a week. I am so determined to be fit enough for the 27 mile walk next September. I have some family and friends who have said they would to join me in that walk, I feel so supported by that. I am so thankful to those around me and are going through this with me. I have some wonderful friends.

1 comment:

  1. Jacky,
    Don't worry about feeling depressed. Dieting is NOT fun. You may enjoy the weight loss but it just started and you see that long road ahead of you still. At this point the elation you feel while standing on the scale probably wont last long enough to keep you from feeling how hard dieting is. It will get better. After you have the surgery you won't have cravings as often and you won't be hungry so it will get easier. Also as you start to see more weightloss you will feel happier about what you are doing. It's normal to feel scared before the surgery. I did. But if you want it bad enough, you will find the courage to go through with it. You will be fine. I think you have a great goal. Don't worry about being tired right now. I didn't do any exercise during the two weeks pre-op. I was so tired from lack of calories. After I recovered from surgery I felt much better. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete