Ticker

Saturday 16 October 2010

Oh What a night....

I am feeling so good today.. I am now 5 weeks post op and I am 38 llbs down.  I can't believe how different I feel!  Looking back to the weight going on, my biggest problems really started in the last couple of stone I had put on.  The reason this is weird is because it took a couple of years to put that on whereas its taken a less than a couple of months to lose it!  I have been in so much pain for what seems like forever with my knee and leg.  I have arthritis and a collapsed arch, at some points I could hardly walk with it and when I did it was mostly with a limp!  Yet in such a short space of time I am walking up to 6 miles and there is no pain!  

Last night I went out on the town with a couple of friends.  Something I have not done for a while because I felt so uncomfortable with myself and I also could not stand up for very long.  But last night, I dressed up in an outfit I bought over a year ago on ebay but it was too small and looked stupid, last night it fitted lovely, I wore heals!!!! YEY another goal hit!  I have not been able to wear heals for a long time.  Granted my tootsies were a little sore at the end of the night but that may have been able to do with the fact I danced all night!!!  I had such a good time,  I even got down on the floor with a group of random strangers and did 'Oops up side your head'  and the best part was, I was able to get back up on my own!  

Another new thing for me was the effects of alcohol!!! I had 3 drinks and actually felt drunk!  I am such a cheap date now!  And as it goes out of your blood stream as quick as it goes in..... No Hangover!!! 


I LOVE MY SLEEVE...

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun! Isn't it great to feel like you can go out again. You are lucky though. If I have more then one glass of wine I get a hang over. I used to never get hangovers before surgery

    ReplyDelete