Ticker

Tuesday 18 September 2012

2 Years into the rest of my life....

Well Its been a little over 2 years now since I had my op.  I have stablized at 10st 4llbs (a little fluctuation depending on time of the month!) I have gone from a size 28 uk to a size 10 uk.  I could not be happier with the changes the healthier lifestyle and lack of excess weight I have.  I can do so much more, I feel so much better than before but there are some results I am not so happy with.   I have a lot of excess skin, I could go for surgery to remove it but have decided that I dont like going through surgery so it should be out of nessesity and not vanity so I will live with it.  It has got better and I suppose given time it will get a lot better.  After having my gall bladder removed I found I could eat fatty food again! not a good idea, I have quickly had to learn to put that one to bed! fat means extra llbs.... dont want to go there!!! I now think I have an incisional hernia, I am going for a scan tomorrow and expect I will have to have more surgery which I am dreading.  I just dont like going under, I am so scared that something will go wrong! you would think I would be an expert by now!!!! Still whats a little operation in comparrison to where I would have been right now if I had not done this.  The doctors told me that within 2 years I would be in a wheelchair if I did not lose weight and here I am... I can run in heals!!!!! no more special shoes!!!!! yey!!! I celebrated my 2 year sleevaversay by Kayaking down the Solent, it was amazing, I would never have fitted in one before and was so pleased to be fit enough to do it aswell, did not realise how much hard work it was going to be! LOL.  So all in all in spite of the issues I could not be happier, I made the best decision of my life having the sleeve and would encourage anyone in the same position to make the same choice.  I have not only a longer life ahead of me but I actually have a LIFE!  Thank you to all those who have shared my journey with me and to the amazing people I have met along the way and still meet through support groups.  There are some great stories out there, some fantastic people and I am lucky to be part of thier lifes and journeys too.

2 comments:

  1. You lost your maximum weight in OP and its sound really great. Could you tell me you have done it only using diet or gone for a gastric sleeve surgery twice or thrice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had gastric sleeve surgery once. This was enough to give me the kick start I needed. The initial weight just falls off and the sleeve seems to be only at its highest benefit for the first year. After that, its all about control, you have to really work at it. its so easy to put weight on again. I am like any normal person now, I have a balanced diet and watch my weight, calorie intake and have regular exercise. I have many friends who thought surgery alone was the answer! I can tell you it so is not!!!

    ReplyDelete